If you’re an e-commerce expert or enthusiast that has always been active in the current trend, you are torn between SEO and SEM debate. Well, both of them are essential to improve your traffic and boost your conversion rate. SEO and SEM are words that can represent different meanings to different people.
That’s why in today’s article, it’ll explain to you the difference between SEO and SEM so you’ll have a concrete idea about their purposes. Moreover, if these two are utilized in an exact process, you can ensure a more exceptional result. To provide a better outcome, you may hire Rise Marketing SEO Company Hong Kong to help you with your SEO and SEM strategies.
Search Engine Marketing or SEM is a marketing strategy that pays search engines to provide a qualified volume of traffic on your website. The most well-known process is called the “pay-per-click” mechanism.
Aside from PPC (pay-per-click) mechanism, SEM is much broader than you might expect. In fact, SEO is also a part of SEM. So it gives you the conclusion that SEO should be isolated from other SEM activities. Because they are different, though they are both critical in digital marketing, they have their own uniqueness that will match your e-commerce needs.
It is a group of activities you undertake on your site, like maintaining a keyword density, link building to rank higher on SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
SEO practices can be implemented in web content, such as blog posts, images, and HTML code. Using these kinds of methods will help your website to get the rank it desires.
Which of These Two is The Best for E-commerce Business?
The answer to this question is, “it depends.” Maybe you can have the impression that this answer is not helpful in some way, but don’t be. As you keep reading this article up to the last end, you’ll understand the reasons why.
Both SEO and SEM has its functionalities and capabilities that will help your e-commerce website to grow. Depending on your needs and requirements, both of these marketing strategies will be worth the effort in the long run.
SEO is Suitable For Your E-commerce Business Because…
- Many e-commerce websites don’t have excellent SEO execution. So, as a result, even a small effort can give an excellent outcome
- Once you acquired the appropriate practice of SEO and implemented it in your e-commerce website, it is a concrete competitive advantage against your competitor, and it is not easy to mimic
- Since users are becoming more aware of digital marketing, they can easily distinguish the difference between organic and ad results. So users see that organic result are way better and credible than the ads
- In other activities, many e-commerce experts and enthusiasts see SEM as an expensive marketing strategy than SEO.
SEM is Suitable For Your E-commerce Business Because…
- You’re fully aware of what services you are paying for. Besides, you know how to measure your business’ ROI (return of investment)
- Once you hit the correct formula, you can continuously use your SEM strategy confidently
- You can control how potential customers will perceive your brand online
- Your SEM strategy won’t go to waste even if other search engines like Google altered their algorithms.
The advantages and disadvantages you read above are quite compelling. Meaning, an e-commerce business cannot set aside both SEO and SEM since both of them play an essential role in your e-commerce business.